The time sure does fly by! We are near the halfway point of the school year already. This winter, Community Ed (CE) will continue to...Read more about Community Ed Continues to Re-invest to Improve the Quality of Programs
A Place to Learn, Serve and Thrive
Waukee Community Education is an extension of the school district. We believe healthy, vibrant communities are learning communities. Community Education contributes to this vibrancy by providing opportunities for all ages to Learn, Serve, and Thrive. Community Education partners with business, civic, and community organizations to create lifelong learning and service opportunities for individuals, families, and neighborhoods.
- 4,000+ registrations are completed for Waukee Academy, Continuing Education and Parent University courses each year.
- 700+ children are served in the Beyond the Bell childcare program.
- 14,000+ hours of facility use for non-district activities/rentals are scheduled each year.
- 900+ students in grades 9-12 participate in the Silver Cord Program.
- 500+ staff participate in staff wellness screenings or flu shots offered yearly.
- 800+ high school students participate in Intramurals.
- 269 students were served at the Back-to-School Resource Fair.