Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden
Volunteer at the Garden!
- Admission Desk/Garden Shop Assistant: Saturdays & Sundays, 10AM–1:30PM or 1:30–3PM. Greet guests and process admission, gift shop sales and provide an awesome guest experience! Learn how to work with the public and a point-of-sale system. Volunteers should be involved a minimum of 1–2 times per month.
- Robert D. Ray Asian Garden: Sundays through October, 9–11AM. Work with a small group of volunteers to remove weeds and debris and help this new garden space thrive and look its best!
- Activity Tables: Saturdays, 10AM–12:30PM or 12:30–3PM. Entice guests to learn about the world of plants a little more by demonstrating and providing information on some easy to learn activities. Examples include how to create a terrarium, plant petting zoo, scented geranium leaves and more.
- Drop-in Activities: Saturdays, 11AM–1PM or 1–3PM, once a month. Greet and assist guests who wish to take part in these make-and-take activities. Volunteers take payment, provide instructions and keep supplies available.
- Other horticulture based activities may be available. Please contact us to learn more.
Upcoming events: More details will be available at a later date. Let us know if you are interested!
- October 15: Fall Bulb Mart
- October 29: Trick-or-Trees (a variety of roles to support this family event).
- November 18: Champagne & Chocolate (assorted roles to support this evening event) .
- December 27 – 31: Winter Break Activities (volunteers for day camps and drop-in activities). Volunteer for one or more shift.
If you are interested in volunteering fill out an application at: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=540237079. Be sure to provide as much information as you can in regard to your availability and interests. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.323.6293.