JA BizTown Summer Camp Jr. Counselor
- Assist the adult camp leaders with small tasks during camp week (snack prep, supplies, games, outside time, etc)
- Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- JA BizTown (6100 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50312)
- Junior Achievement of Central Iowa
- Shannon Gerard
- (515) 279-9602
JA BizTown Summer Camp offers learning and fun in a hands-on setting for kids ages 10 to 13
years old. Over the course of the week, campers will learn about business, personal finance,
entrepreneurship, philanthropy, marketing and much more! They will have opportunities to make
new friends and develop their public speaking skills, role play skits, be part of a team, be a
responsible employee, and take part in a donation drive for a local charity.
- June 13-16
- June 20-23
- June 27-30
- July 18-21
WHAT IS YOUR ROLE?
We feel it is important for staff and counselors to help campers with the new things they will
learn and to keep them on track so they get the most out of their week here. We need and
expect your help with the following:
- Arrive to our JA facility by 9am & check in with a staff member.
- Bring a sack lunch Monday-Thursday.
- Wear the nametag and t-shirt provided.
- Read the Daily Schedule we provide so you’ll know what’s happening.
- Sit in on presentations given to campers and participate when asked by JA.
- Help keep campers on task, including clean-up after lunch and at day’s end.
- Be available for emergencies – DO NOT LEAVE THE FACILITY during the camp day.
- Keep campers SAFE and report any incidents to camp staff.
- No cell phone use-texting or calling unless it’s an emergency.
- Enjoy yourself!