Joppa Homeless Outreach
At Joppa, we help homeless people survive, find housing, and rebuild their lives. Our services continue without interruption. Some of our greatest needs include:
- Foods Rescue. Sort donated food and put into cooler/freezer. Thursday and Saturday mornings 10:45-12:00
- Hospitality team. Clean coolers and food bags, take out recycling and garbage. Sundays 2:30-5:30
- Nutrition Prep Sundays. Sort food into coolers and food bags to go on Outreach in the afternoon. 9-10:30 am
- Outreach. Build relationships and provide basic food and supplies to clients in homeless camps and to those we have recently helped into housing. Sundays 12:30-4:30
- Joppa Center team. Sort donations and assist clients with basic needs at Joppa. Mondays-Fridays 10-4. (Students with an open block can potentially do a reduced shift)
- Work Days. Assemble shelving, move furniture, sort and organize. Second Saturdays 9-1.
We recommend that any student volunteers under the age of 16 are accompanied by a parent. We continue to practice social distancing and provide masks, gloves and protective eyewear to all volunteers. Interested students should email email@example.com or visit https://www.joppa.org/ and fill out the Volunteer Information Form.